Who can use HomeChoice Bristol?
To be able to join the HomeChoiceBristol housing register you must complete an online application form. Your application will only be accepted and assessed if you are eligible and qualify to be included.
To apply to join the Housing Register you must be over 16 years of age and have the right to live in the UK.
Am I eligible for HomeChoice Bristol?
There are some people who will not be eligible, by law, to join the housing register. These are:
- Certain people who are subject to Immigration Control under the 1996 Asylum and Immigration Act
- Certain people from abroad who are not subject to immigration control but who are not habitually resident in the UK, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man or the Republic of Ireland
Do I qualify for HomeChoice Bristol?
The following groups of people will not qualify to be included on HomeChoice Bristol:
- People found guilty of serious unacceptable behaviour
- People under 16 years of age
- People who currently live abroad
- People who don't live within the Bristol City boundary or haven't lived in Bristol for the last 2 years.
- People who earn over £40,000
- People who have savings over £40,000
- People who own a home in the UK or abroad
- People who have lied on their HCB application
- People currently in prison