If you are eligible and qualify to join HomeChoice Bristol, your application will be assessed and placed into a band which reflects your housing need. There are many factors that contribute to what band you're allocated.
Housing need (HN)
You'll notice the letters HN used in our detailed overview of the criteria for each band. This refers to 'housing needs' which are categories given to certain applicants who are more in need of housing than others. The categories include:
- Health affected by current housing
- Unsanitary or unsatisfactory housing
Applicants with two or more housing needs will receive higher priority when their application is assessed.
As well as a band, you'll also be told what size of property you can bid for.
Each of the following will be entitled to one bedroom, you can use this to find out what your bedroom allocation might be:
- An adult
- Two adults that live together as partners
- Two people of the same sex under 21 years of age
- Two people of the opposite sex under ten years of age
More details can be found in the HomeChoice Allocation Scheme.